WE NOTICED YOU’RE OUTSIDE THE US
Would you like to go to your regional Cuervo site?
- 2 oz Cuervo Tradicional® Plata Tequila
- 3/4 oz Spicy Pepita Orgeat*
- 3/4 oz Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Orange Juice
- Glassware: Rocks
- Rim: Orange Salt**
1Run a lime wedge along the outer rim of a rocks glass.
2Dip the moistened rim into a dish of orange salt, fill with ice and set aside.
3Add all of the ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice.
4Shake, and strain into the prepared glass.
Add a Sustainable Twist
Multiple ingredients in multiple ways makes for a sustainably crafted cocktail!
*SPICY PEPITA ORGEAT
1. Coat a ½ cup of unsalted pepitas with ½ tbsp of cayenne pepper and toast in a pan over medium to low heat, watching carefully to ensure pepitas do not burn. Stir to flip occasionally.
2. Remove from heat and let cool before adding to a blender with 8 oz of sugar, 8 oz of water and pinch of salt.
3. Blend until all sugar is dissolved and strain through a cheesecloth to remove all solids.
4. Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to three weeks.
1. Prior to juicing oranges for the cocktail, zest the skin of 1 orange entirely into a bowl.
2. Add 1 tbsp of sea salt and mix well to incorporate.
Store any remaining salt in an air tight container for more salted rims!